Globex FAQ


Can I transfer my credits from Peking University (PKU) into my own university?

You need to contact your school to determine eligible courses to transfer.
You can get your PKU official transcript after you finish all your courses. The transcripts will be couriered to your school directly around early October.

When is the deadline to change my course selection? How to do it?

July 1, 2024 is the deadline to change your course selection. Please make the change at Globex website. No change will be accepted after the deadline.

Class time:

Monday – Friday, AM 9-12; PM 2-5

When do I expect to receive my transcript and certificate?

The official transcript and certificate in electronic version will be sent to the coordinator of your home university in September, 2024.


When you pay the tuition/administration fee, Domestic Payment method is recommended. If you choose Non-domestic Bank Card Payment, Commission Fee will be applied. When making the payment, Please also note that you should choose your country's local currency - do not choose Chinese Yuan (CNY) - to avoid the loss caused by the exchange rate and the service fee.


You can withdraw from the program by canceling your registration on Globex website. The registration fee of CNY 350 is non-refundable to avoid frivolous registration. Tuition fee is 100% refundable before May 15th and is non-refundable after May 15th.


What kind of visa do I need to join Globex Julmester program?

If you already hold a valid Chinese visa which allows you to stay for more than 3 weeks in China, you can use it to join Globex program by signing a declaration on your registration upon your arrival.
If you need to apply for an X2 Chinese visa (for short term study in China), Globex office will provide Admission Letter for visa application. Please select 'Apply for X2 Visa by Myself' in your registration.

Do I need to independently apply for a Chinese student visa or is that completed as part of my Globex application?

You will need to apply for the X2 visa and Globex office will provide Admission Letter to support your application sometime in early May after we have completed processing your Globex application. You should refer to the nearest Chinese Embassy or Consulate and apply for X2 visa in order to study at PKU. Leave sufficient time for your visa application. Processing time may be long during peak times such as summer. Upon receiving the visa, please check your visa expiry date, and ensure that you do not overstay; this will result in a heavy penalty or deportation.


During your Globex enrollment, you will be required to furnish evidence that you possess medical insurance coverage for the entire duration of your stay in China.


What is the check-in procedure?

You MUST submit your hotel booking info through the Globex website if you want the Globex office to help you book the hotel. You can use your ID to check in directly when you arrive in Beijing. You can use your credit card to pay for your rooms. Payment will be in RMB. The hotel will charge you some money for the room card deposit when you check in.

Can I choose to live somewhere else?

You are allowed to choose where to live if you are Chinese. For safety reasons, you need to inform the Globex office ( your address in Beijing. In addition, Globex office will not take any responsibilities regarding your hotel issue if you choose to stay at other hotels (Globex official hotels are showed on the Globex website). If you are not Chinese and want to rent a room during your stay in Beijing, you have to register for the record at the local police station in 24 hours from your arrival.


You will get your PKU student ID card after you finish your enrollment at PKU. It confirms your status as a PKU student. It also functions as your meal card and pre-paid card to upload your monthly internet usage fee.
The password of your student ID card (for meals) is the Last Six Digital No. of your Passport/Home Return Permit No. /ID No.
The original password of your student online account (including Wi-Fi) is your Birthday -- Eight Digital
No. eg.19900903
If you lost your student ID, please get a new one at the Xintaiyang Student Center during the office hour.


You can use your PKU student ID card to open your campus Wi-Fi account at the Computer Center and visit to log in your campus Wi-Fi access.


Are there any facilities on campus for students with physical disabilities?
The 2nd, 3rd and Science Classroom Building, as well as the university’s library are equipped with elevators. Along with that, many of PKU classrooms and conference halls have wheelchair ramps that cater to the convenience for the physically disabled.

Are there any gymnasiums on campus?

The gymnasiums on campus are:
- Khoo Teck Paut Gymnasium (also called Qiudeba Gymnasium)
- Science Building Gymnasium (located at the basement of the Science Building)
- No.1 Stadium (for soccer, baseball…etc.)
- No.2 Gymnasium (for basketball and tennis…)
- Wu Si Stadium (for badminton, tennis, basketball, volleyball, soccer, track and field…)
Students may be required to pay a usage fee to gain access to these facilities.

On-campus miscellaneous facilities

Students may dine at the Nong Yuan cafeteria, Campus cafeteria or at other cafeterias and restaurants on campus. Convenient stores such as Wu-Mei Mini Mart, Guoan Community and Family Mart can be found on campus where students may purchase their daily necessities as well as groceries. Other facilities that are available in PKU include: hospitals, post office, banks, bookstores, laundry mat, photo development shop and a theater.