Globex FAQ


Can I transfer my credits from Peking University (PKU) into my own university? 

You need to contact your school to determine eligible courses to transfer. 

You can get your PKU official transcript after you finish all your courses. The transcripts will be couriered to your school directly around early October. 


When is the deadline to change my course selection? How to do it?

July 1nd 11:59PM (1st day of class) is the deadline to change your course selection. You have to do the change at Globex website. No change will be accepted after the deadline.  


If you have to withdraw from Globex Julmester program due to your personal reasons, please contact Globex office at to cancel your registration. 

The registration fee of CNY300 is non-refundable to avoid frivolous registration. Tuition/ administration fee is 80% refundable before June 1st and 50% refundable between June 1st and July 1st. No refund after July 1st.


What kind of visa do I need to join Globex Julmester program?

If you already hold a valid Chinese visa which allows you to stay for more than 3 weeks in China, you can use it to join Globex program by signing a declaration on your registration upon your arrival.

If you want to apply for an X2 Chinese visa (for short term study in China), Globex office will provide you with the visa materials (JW202 Form, Admission Letter and Hotel Confirmation Letter). Please select ‘Apply for X2 Visa by Myself’ in your registration.

Do I need to independently apply for a Chinese student visa or is that completed as part of my Globex application?


You will need to apply for the X2 visa and we will send you the official documents to support your application sometime in early May after we have completed processing your Globex application.

After you get your visa documents, you can proceed to apply for your X2 visa with the Chinese Embassy in your country. 

On Insurance

During your Globex enrollment, you will be required to furnish evidence that you possess medical insurance coverage for the entire duration of your stay in China.



What is the check-in procedure?

You MUST submit your hotel booking info through the Globex website if you want the Globex office to help you book the hotel. You can use your ID to check in directly when you arrive in Beijing. You can use your credit card to pay for your rooms. Payment will be in RMB. The hotel will charge you some money for the room card deposit when you check in.  

Can I choose to live somewhere else?

You are allowed to choose where to live if you are Chinese. For safety reasons, you need to inform the Globex office ( your address in Beijing. In addition, Globex office will not take any responsibilities regarding your hotel issue if you choose to stay at other hotels (Globex official hotels are showed on the Globex website).
If you are not Chinese and want to rent a room during your stay in Beijing, you have to register for the record at the local police station in 24 hours from your arrival.  


You will get your PKU student ID card after you finish your enrollment at PKU. It confirms your status as a PKU student. It also functions as your meal card and pre-paid card to upload your monthly internet usage fee.

The password of your student ID card (for meals) is the Last Six Digital No. of your Passport/Home Return Permit No. /ID No. 

The original password of your student online account (including Wi-Fi) is your Birthday -- Eight Digital 

No. eg.19900903

If you lost your student ID, please get a new one at the Xintaiyang Student Center during the office hour. 



You can use your PKU student ID card to open your campus Wi-Fi account at the Computer Center and visit to log in your campus Wi-Fi access.


Are there any facilities on campus for students with physical disabilities?

The 2nd, 3rd and Science Classroom Building, as well as the university’s library are equipped with elevators. Along with that, many of PKU classrooms and conference halls have wheelchair ramps that cater to the convenience for the physically disabled.


Are there any gymnasiums on campus?

The gymnasiums on campus are:

- Khoo Teck Paut Gymnasium (also called Qiudeba Gymnasium)

-No.1 Stadium (for soccer, baseball…etc.)

-No.2 Gymnasium (for basketball and tennis…) located at the basement of the Science Building

-Wu Si Stadium (for badminton, tennis, basketball, volleyball, soccer, track and field, and swimming)

Students may be required to pay a usage fee to gain access to these facilities.


On-campus miscellaneous facilities

Students may dine at the Nong Yuan cafeteria, Campus cafeteria or at other cafeterias and restaurants on campus. Convenient stores such as Wu-Mei Mini Mart, Guoan Community and Family Mart can be found on campus where students may purchase their daily necessities as well as groceries. Other facilities that are available in PKU include: hospitals, post office, banks, bookstores, laundry mat, photo development shop and a theater.